For anyone who hasn’t tried chia jam yet, it’s awesome. We’re talking nutritious, delicious, super easy to make, and suitable for vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and keto diets, too. Drizzle it on your warm morning oats or chia pudding, spread it on some toast, mix it into your yogurt bowl, or devour it by the spoonful. However you eat it, this festive cranberry-orange version is certain to become a family favorite!
Cranberry Orange Chia Jam [Vegan]
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries, including cranberries (here I used frozen raspberries, cranberries, blueberries, and a few fresh golden berries)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- monk fruit sweetener, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Put berries and water in a pot over medium heat and cook until they start to break down and become syrupy, approximately 8 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or potato masher, mash the fruit to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange essential oil. Sweeten to taste.
- Add chia seeds and stir until well combined. Let stand 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Enjoy now or transfer to a jar and cover and refrigerate. The jam will thicken further as it chills.