This crunchy cereal is the ultimate breakfast treat. Itty bitty chocolate chip almond flour cookies, sweetened with dates and a splash of vanilla extract are baked in the oven until golden and crisp. Serve this cereal with your favorite non-dairy milk and savor its sweet flavor.
Cookie Crisp Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4-5 soft pitted dates (soak in warm water for 5 minutes to soften)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Make the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed with warm water and then set aside for 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients, from flax egg to sea salt, in a food processor until it forms a ball of smooth cookie dough.
- Remove blade and add in chocolate chips, using your hands or spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and form the dough into a ball. Scoop the dough with a half teaspoon or break a small chunk off with your fingers. Flatten in palm and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and turn off oven. Allow cookies to crisp in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container and serve with your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Chocolate Chip