When vanilla cake meets chocolate cake and swirls around in a baking pan is one way to describe what a marble cake is. Marble cake is the perfect dessert for anyone who loves both vanilla and chocolate cake and can’t decide on which one to eat. It is a perfect blend of two simple cake flavors but why not add some tropical flavor to this classic dessert?
Coconut Marble Cake [Vegan]
- 1 vegan vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan with vegan butter or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine the applesauce, milk and coconut oil.
- Add the cake mix and mix until combined.
- Pour out about 1-2 cups of the batter into a separate bowl.
- In the second bowl add the cocoa powder and combine until the powder is distributed evenly. You can add more cocoa powder for a more chocolatey flavor.
- Pour the vanilla batter into the loaf pan.
- Dollop the chocolate batter over the vanilla batter.
- Swirl the batter with a knife or a long wooden skewer.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Once completely cooled slice and serve.