When vanilla cake meets chocolate cake and swirls around in a baking pan is one way to describe what a marble cake is. Marble cake is the perfect dessert for anyone who loves both vanilla and chocolate cake and can’t decide on which one to eat. It is a perfect blend of two simple cake flavors but why not add some tropical flavor to this classic dessert?
Coconut Marble Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Marble Cake [Vegan]
- 1 vegan vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
How to Prepare Coconut Marble Cake [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan with vegan butter or non-stick spray.
- In a bowl combine the applesauce, milk and coconut oil.
- Add the cake mix and mix until combined.
- Pour out about 1-2 cups of the batter into a separate bowl.
- In the second bowl add the cocoa powder and combine until the powder is distributed evenly. You can add more cocoa powder for a more chocolatey flavor.
- Pour the vanilla batter into the loaf pan.
- Dollop the chocolate batter over the vanilla batter.
- Swirl the batter with a knife or a long wooden skewer.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Once completely cooled slice and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.