This chutney is simple, quick, and pairs great with any number of dishes. The chutney has is unique because it uses ginger instead of garlic which gives it a bit of spice and extra flavor.
Coconut Ginger Chutney [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 1 big dry red chili
- 2-3 tablespoons pottukadalai/chutney gram
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- Take all the ingredients (except for the salt, water, and mustard seeds) and grind them into a smooth paste adding 1/2 cup water.
- Transfer this to a bowl.
- Add salt to taste and mix it well.
- Heat 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Pour this over chutney and mix it well.
Serve with idli, dosa, pongal, upma or adai