Ramen a Japanese noodles soup dish is very popular. In this gluten-free vegan ramen recipe, coconut milk is included to add creamy richness and intense flavor. This is a quick version of ramen broth with beautiful flavors. You can also add some gluten-free hot sauce for a bit of heat such sriracha
Easy Coconut Curry Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Coconut Curry Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ground turmeric
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 13 1/2-ounces can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso paste
- Vegetables: any of these work well in the coconut curry; mushrooms, napa cabbage, carrots, zucchini, green onions, red or yellow bell pepper, leeks, snowpeas, halved cherry tomatoes. All the vegetables should be thinly sliced except for snow peas
- 4 cups cooked gluten-free noodles of choice (ramen, rice, buckwheat, zucchini)
How to Prepare Easy Coconut Curry Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Sauté onions and garlic in coconut and sesame oil until translucent. About 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, ginger and turmeric until onions are well coated. About 1 minute.
- Add broth, coconut milk and rice vinegar. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the broth after if you wish.
- Just before serving transfer 1 cup of broth into a bowl and whisk with miso paste. Add miso mixture back to the broth with desired vegetables. Bring to boil and remove from the heat.
- Divide noodles between 4 bowls and top with hot broth and vegetables.
- Note: add the vegetables to the broth just long enough so they are heated through, but you can also add them raw as a topping.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.