Ramen a Japanese noodles soup dish is very popular. In this gluten-free vegan ramen recipe, coconut milk is included to add creamy richness and intense flavor. This is a quick version of ramen broth with beautiful flavors. You can also add some gluten-free hot sauce for a bit of heat such sriracha
Easy Coconut Curry Ramen [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ground turmeric
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 13 1/2-ounces can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso paste
- Vegetables: any of these work well in the coconut curry; mushrooms, napa cabbage, carrots, zucchini, green onions, red or yellow bell pepper, leeks, snowpeas, halved cherry tomatoes. All the vegetables should be thinly sliced except for snow peas
- 4 cups cooked gluten-free noodles of choice (ramen, rice, buckwheat, zucchini)
- Sauté onions and garlic in coconut and sesame oil until translucent. About 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste, ginger and turmeric until onions are well coated. About 1 minute.
- Add broth, coconut milk and rice vinegar. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the broth after if you wish.
- Just before serving transfer 1 cup of broth into a bowl and whisk with miso paste. Add miso mixture back to the broth with desired vegetables. Bring to boil and remove from the heat.
- Divide noodles between 4 bowls and top with hot broth and vegetables.
- Note: add the vegetables to the broth just long enough so they are heated through, but you can also add them raw as a topping.