What to do with overripe bananas? You can make banana bread or you can make these yummy three-layer ice cream bliss bites. They're made from a base blend of hazelnut butter, banana, and coconut that's divided and then "colored" with cocoa powder and freeze-dried berries. Once you take a bite, you'll feel positively blissful.
Cocoa Banana Hazelnut Ice Cream Bliss Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 1/4 tablespoons hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (agave nectar, rice syrup, maple syrup, etc.), plus more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons carob flour or cocoa powder
- 2 handfuls of raw hulled sunflower seeds, plus extra for decoration
- 1 large, ripe banana or 2 small
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered freeze-dried blueberries, for color (optional)
- Blend all ingredients, except for berries and a handful of sunflower seeds, until combined. Divide the mixture into three equal parts. To one part, add the berries.
- To one part, add the berries. To the second, add carob/cocoa powder. Leave the third as is.
- Grease your silicone cupcake moulds or containers of choice. Pour an equal amount of each mixture into each container so that there are three layers. Freeze for a few hours.
- Turn the ice cream bites out of the mould, decorate as desired, then serve immediately.
Total Calories: 1686 | Total Carbs: 115 g | Total Fat: 133 g | Total Protein: 31 g | Total Sodium: 415 g | Total Sugar: 61 g