Satisfy your chocolate and cake cravings in one dessert! This single-serving cake is perfectly loaded with chocolate, and it tastes even better with an added scoop of ice cream. Don’t have a microwave? Check out the oven instructions.
Classic Chocolate Mug Cake [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (can sub for any nut or seed butter)
- 3 tablespoons mashed banana (can sub for mashed sweet potato or pumpkin)
- 1–2 tablespoons nondairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon nondairy chocolate chips (optional)
- To make in the oven, preheat to 350°F and grease an oven-safe 6-inch ramekin. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, but check around the 8-minute mark if you want an ultra-gooey chocolate cake.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or mug, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the almond butter and mashed banana and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of milk until a thick, gooey batter remains. If the batter is a little too dry, add an extra tablespoon.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using, and microwave for 50 seconds to 2 minutes, and enjoy!