Banana bread muffins are a great way to use up those leftover bananas, and this one is made with no grains and no eggs!
Classic Banana Bread Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional, only if you prefer a sweeter banana bread)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2–3 large, overripe bananas, mashed, plus more if needed
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Muffins can keep at room temperature for up to 3 days. They are best kept refrigerated, but they are also freezer friendly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-count muffin tin or silicone muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add the melted coconut oil. Add the mashed bananas, flax eggs, and vanilla, and whisk together.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. If your batter is too thick or crumbly, add extra banana or a liquid of choice (nondairy milk or pure maple syrup).
- Divide evenly among the muffin tin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.