These Cinnamon Vanilla Apple Chips are the perfect anytime snack but especially so for the fall with the warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon and vanilla.
Cinnamon Vanilla Apple Chips [Vegan]
- 4 - 6 organic apples
- 1/4 cup organic raw coconut crystals (or your favorite granular sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- Wash the apples and slice them into thin slices (4 small apples will make approximately 50 - 60 chips).
- In a small bowl, add the cinnamon, vanilla bean powder and granular sweetener of your choice and stir together until well combined.
- Holding an apple slice in one hand, use your other hand to sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on both sides then place it on the mesh tray of your dehydrator.
- Repeat until all the apple slices are covered.
- If you have extra cinnamon mixture, you can slice another apple or use it as a topping for oatmeal.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for approximately 18 hours, or until they are crispy.
- Store in an air-tight glass or BPA-free container. They will become soft if left out after absorbing moisture from the air.