These cinnamon roll cookies have the perfect texture. They are soft, pillowy, and moist. They have hints of cinnamon sugar swirled throughout and of course drizzled with a traditional powdered sugar icing.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies [Vegan]
For the Cinnamon Roll Cookies:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cinnamon Sugar Filling:
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, use a handheld mixer to cream together sugars and butter until smooth. Mix in applesauce and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Combine until a soft dough forms. Form dough into a smooth ball and place on top of a piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll into a 10×11" rectangle.
- Make the cinnamon sugar filling by combining all ingredients in a small bowl until a smooth paste forms. Spread filling into the middle third of the rectangle. Take the edges of the parchment paper to prevent sticking and roll dough into a tight log. Cut into 1" portions.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball then place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cookies have cooled, drizzle with icing (powdered sugar + water until desired consistency).