Looking for an easy indulgence? This brownie recipe is something that takes only a few easy steps to prepare. If you have like chocolate desserts that are also healthy, oil-free, and have a subtle natural sweetness, then these brownies are perfect for you.
Cinnamon Apple Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Apples:
- 3 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
For the Brownies:
- 1/12 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder, plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- Generous 3/4 cup Medjool dates, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped divided
To Prepare the Apples:
- Heat a saucepan and bring the apples with orange juice to a boil. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Cook for around 10 minutes, until the apples are soft and the juice is absorbed.
To Make the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, including the cooked apples. Reserve some of the chopped walnuts for sprinkling over the Brownies. Mix well until the ingredients combine to a soft dough.
- Transfer to a baking dish prepared with parchment paper. Distribute evenly, sprinkle with the reserved walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.