Celebrate taco Tuesday any day of the week with these cilantro lime tacos! The freshly chopped cilantro, corn, lime, and avocado give the tacos a light and bright flavor while the black beans add a ton of protein to the dish. Plus, the extra spread of hummus gives them the added creamy consistency.
Cilantro Lime Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-ounce can of diced green chilis
- 1 1/2 cups of corn
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup of classic hummus (plus more if needed)
- 4 soft tortillas (brown rice or corn)
- In a large pan, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the scallions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black beans, green chiles, corn, lime juice, and a dash of sea salt and pepper. Stir. Sauté for about 5 minutes, and then mix in the cilantro and sauté for a few more minutes until everything is fully heated.
- Warm your tortillas in a separate pan or in the oven.
- Once the tortillas are warmed and a little crispy, spread each with hummus.
- Place the cilantro black bean mixture onto the center of each tortilla and garnish with sliced avocado.