Craving french fries? These crispy jicama fries are sure to satisfy! Tossed in cilantro, lime, and chipotle pepper, and then baked to perfection, these are a healthy and tasty alternative. Serve with zesty chipotle mayonnaise to really complete this snack!
Cilantro-Lime Jicama Fries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cilantro-Lime Jicama Fries [Vegan]
For the Fries:
- 2 medium jicama
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- A dash of salt
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
For the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, soaked
- 2 dried chili chipotle peppers, soaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 piece of garlic
- A dash of salt
- Water, as needed
How to Prepare Cilantro-Lime Jicama Fries [Vegan]
To Make the Jicama Fries:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel the jicama and slice into fries.
- Mix seasoning together until combined.
- Toss jicama fries and seasoning together in a medium size bowl.
- Place on a baking pan lined with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove jicama fries from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
To Make the Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- Soak pine nuts and chipotle peppers for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Mayonnaise will keep in the refrigerator in a glass container for 3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.