This quick and easy Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus is a wonderful combination of flavors. A take off the traditional hummus recipe, but spiced-up a bit. This tasty snack comes together in no time. It all goes into a food processor or blender and blended until smooth and creamy.
Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Hummus:
- 2 15-ounces cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon or simply use one of the same
- 2 to 3 jalapeño peppers, diced, more if you like it really spicy
- 1 or 2 handfuls of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Tomato topping
For the Tomato Topping:
- 1 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of avocado or olive oil
- Place all hummus ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the tomato topping ingredients and spoon some of the mixture on top of the hummus.
- Serve with veggie slices, tortilla chips or crackers.
This Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus is great as a sandwich or wrap spread.