This is such a versatile strawberry basil sauce. It’s a fresh jam with wonderful flavors of the strawberries and basil.
Chunky Strawberry Basil Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/4 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Filtered Water
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice – fresh squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- 3 Cups Strawberries – diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil – minced
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Add the maple syrup and water to a small saucepan then stir over medium-low heat until it just starts to boil.
- Next, stir in the lemon juice, the arrowroot powder and then add the strawberries and cook for about a minute or until the jam has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the basil.