Rice crispy treats are taken to the next level with a mixture of peanut butter, jam, and chocolate! A sweet and peanut buttery crispy rice cereal acts as the base for a rich and sweet homemade blueberry/raspberry jam. A layer of smooth chocolate is the finishing touch in these treats that are perfect for potlucks or some at-home snacking.
Chocolatey Peanut Butter Jelly Rice Crispy Treats [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Make the jam by adding the berries to a blender and pulsing into your desired consistency.
- Put the puréed berries into a pot on the stove over medium heat and add the cornstarch and mix well.
- Stir often and cook until it has thickened up. Set aside to cool.
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the peanut butter and agave nectar in a pot and melt on the stove until a liquid consistency.
- Mix the cereal and the melted mixture in a bowl and put into the pan. Place in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Once cool, add the jam on top in an even layer.
- Melt the chocolate, spread over the top of the jam in an even layer, and refrigerate until the chocolate is solid.