These chocolatey, rich pastries are made even more decadent with the addition of tahini. Add a seasonal touch with walnuts or pecans and prepare ahead of time to enjoy on a lazy Sunday morning for brunch or after a long day for dessert.
Chocolate Tahini Rolls [Vegan]
- 16-ounces vegan pastry dough
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans (toasted and roughly chopped)
- Set the oven 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix the tahini, maple syrup, and salt. Separate half of the mix to another bowl and mix in the cocoa to one of them.
- Roll the dough out into a thin sheet. Cut it into 3x3-inch squares.
- Spread the tahini mix, and then the chocolate tahini mix over the dough squares. Top with pecans and roll into a cylinder.
- Place in a mini muffin mold and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F