Reishi mushroom is a mild adoptogen, which are herbs and spices that have been found to help reduce stress and balance hormones. This chocolate reishi latte is a great way to incorporate the mushroom into your diet in an easy and delicious way! This latte is a great pick-me-up with breakfast or at night to wind down with something warm and chocolatey.
Chocolate Reishi Latte [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon reishi powder
- 1 teaspoon of raw coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a small pot and whisk together over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add to a blender and blend until frothy (optional).