When it comes to breakfast, protein oatmeal is the perfect easy meal to whip up to fuel a long day at work, replenish after a workout, or just cozy up with on the couch. The health benefits and protein content are a huge plus, but what really makes this recipe stand out is the flavor.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 cup water or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or sweetener of choice, optional
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Heat water/milk and oats in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until creamy and almost all liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the flaxseed, sweetener, protein powder, pinch of salt, and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and transfer oats to a serving bowl. Top with peanut butter, banana, hemp seeds, and any other toppings that you love.