These peanut butter dough balls are baked with hidden veggies and then covered in a dark chocolate magic shell. These treats are perfect for kids or picky eaters because no one will ever know they are good for you! They’re amazingly delicious, packed full of fiber, and are naturally sweetened!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dough Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Peanut Butter Balls:
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cooked
- 1 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds plus 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Magic Chocolate Shell:
To Make the Peanut Butter Balls:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel your sweet potato and bake it or microwave it until it's thoroughly cooked. Mash it all up and set aside.
- Next grind up you oats until they are more like a flour or meal texture. Pour into a large bowl.
- Make your chia egg. Combine 1 tablespoon chia with 3 tablespoons water. let it sit for 20 minutes or more until a gel is formed.
- Combine everything but your chia egg into a large bowl or blender. Mix it up really well until a thick cookie dough like batter is formed. Add in your chia egg and mix again.
- Roll batter into balls and place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Balls should be about the size of golf balls. I pressed them down gently so they had a flat bottom.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
To Make the Magic Chocolate Shell:
- Gently place a stainless steel or pyrex bowl on top of a boiling pot. Place chocolate in bowl and let the chocolate melt on a low boil. You can use a double boiler as well.
- Once it starts melting, add in your coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Continue on medium heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip your bites or balls into chocolate or drizzle chocolate on top. Place dough balls in freezer for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with extra peanut flour once done.
Don't have a stove? You can make the magic shell in the microwave. Just keep reheating it 1 minute at a time until melted. Want to make more magic shell and keep it for later? You can store chocolate in glass jar in refrigerator until you want to use again. Just simply reheat.