This basic dark chocolate recipe is easy. Here, almost nothing can go wrong and if you are making raw chocolate for the first time, make it your starter. The only trick is to melt the cacao butter entirely, until it’s all liquid, and mix it really well with the sweetener, nothing else.
How to Make Homemade Raw Dark Chocolate
Ingredients You Need for How to Make Homemade Raw Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 vanilla bean
How to Prepare How to Make Homemade Raw Dark Chocolate
- Melt the cacao butter by placing it in a cup and adding the cup to a hot water container. It will take between 10-20 minutes to melt the cacao butter entirely. Work by keeping the mixture in the hot water, it will give you more time before the butter starts to thicken again.
- Add the sweetener. Here you can add virtually any sweetener you want!
- Mix the butter with the sweetener very well, they should incorporate entirely.
- Add the cacao powder and mix well again.
- Pour in molds and chill for 1-2 hours. The basic dark chocolate don’t need to stay in the fridge! You can keep it at room temperature and it won’t melt. It needs to be chilled only in the beginning for no more then 1-2 hours.
The basic dark chocolate recipe can be modified by adding something to it. My personal favorite is to add something sweet & moist like coconut creme, agave, mint leaves or just any nuts butter you like. The trick here is to make the recipe in 2 steps and use molds. Modified Dark Chocolate 1. Make the basic dark chocolate mix mentioned above. 2. Pour a little bit of it in your mold to create a bottom layer. 3. Chill it for 10-15 minutes. 4. Add the filling. For example coconut creme mixed with mint leaves and agave. 5. Pour the rest of the dark chocolate on top and chill for 1-2 hours. Again, this kind of treat don’t have to stay in the fridge, just chill it there and then keep at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.