This decadent cake starts out with a light, fluffy chocolate cake that his layered with fresh, sweet bananas, and a velvety layer of chocolate avocado mousse. It's the perfect dessert to make for a special occasion.
Chocolate ‘Molecule’ Cake With Avocado Mousse Center [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1/4 spelt flour
- 1/3 whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon wine powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon potato starch
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/5 cup brown sugar
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple juice
For the Filling:
- 2 ripe, large avocados
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Sweeteners, for example, coconut blossom sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla
- 2-3 bananas
To Make the Cake:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together and add them to the dry.
- Mix everything well and then pour it into a greased baking tin.
- Bake it at 375°f for 25-30 minutes.
To Make the Filling:
- Allow the cake to cool, take it out of the jumping mold and then hollow out with a spoon, leaving an edge. Place cake bowls in a bowl.
- Cut the bananas into slices and cover the cake well.
- For the avocado mousse, blend all the rest of the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Put the cream in a bowl roughly the size of your cake and tap the cream down a few times, then set the cream atop your cake
- Place the cake in the refrigerator to cool.
- When you are ready to serve the cakes, remove the bowl and sprinkle them with cocoa powder.