Skillet cakes are fun to make, and are wonderful to make with kids since they can add whatever toppings they like! The cake batter mixes up quickly in a single bowl, then you simply bake and serve the cake straight from the skillet. Yum!
Chocolate-Espresso Skillet Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (192 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (22 g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (8 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- Chocolate syrup
- Fresh berries
- Whipped coconut cream
- Dairy-free ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-inch (30-cm) skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, almond milk, espresso powder, olive oil, vanilla and white wine vinegar. Mix to form a cake batter. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes. The cake is done when a sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as chocolate syrup, fresh berries, whipped coconut cream or dairy-free ice cream.