These vegan hazelnut cookies are simply delicious!
Chocolate Cookies with Oats and Hazelnut [Vegan]
For the Cookies:
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/8 cups oatmeal
- 3/8 cups raw hazelnuts ground
- 1/8 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 3/8 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Coating:
- 5/8 cup chocolate
- 1 tablespoon ground hazelnut
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the oatmeal, hazelnut and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk the oil with milk, agave and vanilla extract.
- In the mixture of the wet ingredients, gradually add the dry ingredients, using a sieve and stirring, and then use your hands.
- Roll out the dough and either cut or use a cookie cutter to cut out star shapes.
- Sprinkle them in a baking pan and bake in preheated oven at 356°F for about 10 minutes.
- Then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Then melt the chocolate in a double boiler and dip half a cookie. You can sprinkle the hazelnuts over the cookies as they cool.