This is a sweet recipe ideal for this holiday season and that will delight the sweet tooth of the house. It is also ideal as a dessert or as a snack for the little ones. It is very easy to prepare and only requires only a few ingredients.
Chocolate Coconut Nougat [Vegan]
- 2 cups vegetable cream
- 1 cup cornmeal (semolina)
- 2 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 vegan chocolate topping
- In a saucepan we place the vegetable cream, add the cornmeal and cook over medium heat.
- Beat the mixture slowly, trying not to form lumps.
- Once it boils, continue stirring for another 5 minutes. The mixture will then begin to thicken.
- Add the coconut, stir and remove from heat.
- Put the mixture in a rectangular pudding pan or deep dish.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about three hours.
- After this time, melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave for a minute and a half.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut mixture. Place in the refrigerator again for an hour until the cover hardens.
- Remove and cut into bars.