Making homemade brownies is very satisfying. There’s the mixing of the ingredients in the bowl, the aroma emitted from the oven that begins to fill the kitchen once the chocolate begins to bake . . . oh yes! Let’s not forget about licking the spatula. These chunky chocolate brownies are love at first bite. The chocolate chunks freshly chopped off a chocolate block for this recipe, provide a chocolatey surprise for your taste buds.
Chocolate Chunk Brownies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup (135 g) coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (118 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (115 g) dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F (180 ̊C).
- Line a 9 x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate pieces to evenly distribute into the dough.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing into 12 squares.