Chickpeas…great for making hummus, but used for making chocolate chip cookies??These cookies are so chocolatey and chewy you’ll never know they were made with chickpeas. These chickpea cookies are loaded with folic acid, fiber, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and protein!
Chocolate Chickpea Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.