These pancakes are hearty, filling, and totally gluten-free! Enjoy them for your weekend breakfast, or as a yummy dessert.
Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon unrefined sugar
- 1 large banana pureed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate sauce
- Flaxseeds or fresh fruits for garnishing
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix sugar, pureed banana, milk and vanilla extract.
- Now add dry ingredients and stir well to get a batter of homogeneous consistency
- Add more milk if the batter feels thick. The batter should be of dropping consistency and not runny.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Grease the pan well and pour about ¼ cup of batter.
- Spread the batter by tilting the pan. Let it cook on medium heat. The top should dry up and there should be small holes on the surface. Drizzle some oil on top and flip. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm pancakes with chocolate sauce and fresh fruits. You may also sprinkle some toasted flax seeds.
The sugar in the batter is on the lower side. Sugar burns the pancake while cooking. Serve the pancakes with chocolate sauce or agave. You may also serve with fruit preserve.