Chocolate for breakfast? Count us in. These gluten-free pancakes are delicious, infused with banana, and so yummy!
Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon unrefined sugar
- 1 large banana pureed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate sauce
- Flaxseeds or fresh fruits for garnishing
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix sugar, pureed banana, milk. and vanilla extract.
- Now add dry ingredients and stir well to get a batter of homogeneous consistency
- Add more milk if the batter feels thick. The batter should be of dropping consistency and not runny.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Grease the pan well and pour about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Spread the batter by tilting the pan. Let it cook on medium heat. The top should dry up and there should be small holes on the surface. Drizzle some oil on top and flip. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm pancakes with chocolate sauce and fresh fruits. You may also sprinkle some toasted flax seeds.