Chocolate and strawberries just go so well together. A match made in heaven! We combined chocolate and strawberry to make this delicious and healthy galette.
Chocolate and Strawberry Galette [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
For the filling
- 2 full cups strawberries halved
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, coconut sugar and salt and put in the fridge along with a fork or pastry cutter for 30 minutes,
- Mix together the strawberries, sugar and flour
- Once the flour is chilled, add one tablespoon of coconut oil and cut it into the flour with the fork or pastry cutter until there are no large chunks. Continue adding the remaining coconut oil this way one tablespoon at a time.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of water over the dough. Gently mix to combine before adding a second tablespoon. Continue mixing and adding liquid until the dough starts to stick together and you can press it into a ball. You might not need all the liquid, or you might need a little more
- Tear off a piece of baking paper and lightly flour it.
- Place your dough ball on the paper. Press the dough into a disk, then take your rolling pin and roll it into a circle
- Pour the strawberry mixture in the centre of the crust leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.