This tart is stupid easy and SO DELICIOUS AND DECADENT! All you need is 7 ingredients and you have the perfect sophisticated dessert for any occasion. The best part is that this tart is so rich that all you need is a little sliver to be sent into chocolate bliss so this tart can really feed a crowd! For a 9 inch tart pan, you can probably get about 16 good pieces. Paired with some coconut whipped cream, fruit, or vegan ice cream and you’ve got yourself the best thing in life.
Chocolate Almond Tart [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Almond Tart [Vegan]
- 3 cups almond meal
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound dark chocolate chips/vegan chocolate
How to Prepare Chocolate Almond Tart [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the almond meal and coconut. In a smaller bowl, melt the coconut oil and the maple syrup together, then pour over almond meal/coconut mixture. You might not think that you have enough liquid, but you do! Keep mixing until the dry are coated with the wet and when you pinch a small bit together, it sticks.
- Dump almond meal mixture into a 9 inch tart pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press the mixture down into the pan and make sure you get up the sides as well! Bake for 18-20 minutes — until the edges and middle begin to brown. Cool to room temperature
- Place your chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl. In a small pot, heat the coconut milk and vanilla together until it begins to simmer. Pour coconut milk over chocolate chips and let sit for 3-5 minutes — do not mix right away!
- Mix the coconut milk and chocolate mixture after letting sit until smooth. Pour into tart pan and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until solid.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.