I hope you’re all getting excited about the changing season with me and I really hope you enjoy these! These eggs are made with minimal ingredients that you can pronounce. and they’re a really fun thing to make with the kids.
Chocolate-Covered Almond Butter Eggs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup vegan semi-sweet dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Slivered almonds for topping (optional)
- Combine almond butter, vanilla, and salt and mix until smooth. Add in the almond flour, arrowroot, and syrup and gently fold in until it all starts to form a dough-like mixture.
- Divide the dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and shape into eggs. Also, if the dough seems a bit sticky to work with then chill it for about 30 minutes. Place on parchment covered baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- After cooling the eggs, melt chocolate and oil in a double boiler over low heat. Dip each egg into chocolate and turn to coat all sides before placing it back on the tray. If desired top with slivered almonds. Repeat with all eggs. Allow Chocolate to cool completely then use a thin spatula to loosen from pan. Store in an airtight container. (P.S. these are so good chilled!)