Have you tried a blondie before? They are the cocoa-less version of brownies. You won't be missing chocolate in these vegan chocolate chip blondies though! These gluten-free and vegan blondies are full of chocolate chips and almonds. Just 30 mins to prepare and 10 simple ingredients––you're gonna love them! Feel free to swap the nuts for any other nuts you fancy––pecans or walnuts would be delicious too! Whipped aquafaba makes for a lovely light texture and helps the almond flour bind together. Gluten-free vegan chocolate chip blondies that are gooey, fudgy, and moist––what more could you want?
Choc Nut Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (water from a tin of chickpeas)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a square 8x8" baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Grind 2 cups of almonds to a flour in a food processor or blender. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds for topping later.
- In a small clean bowl, use an electric whisk to fluff up aquafaba to a soft peaks, about 4-5 minutes. Add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and peanut butter to a food processor, or use an electric whisk to blend until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in whipped aquafaba. Stir until fully combined.
- Add in ground almonds, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and stir well. Spread batter into lined tray. Smooth down the top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over chocolate chips and remaining almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden. They'll still be soft in the middle, but will firm a little as they cool. Allow to cool, slice and store in an airtight tin for up to four days.