The salty, lemony flavor of this Chickpea “Tuna” is phenomenal! It can be served in sandwiches, with crackers, or even as a dip with apples.
Chickpea “Tuna” [Vegan]
- 3 cans chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1/2 cup small diced celery
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons or more to taste)
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan mayo (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional add ins to consider: capers, pickles, apple chunks
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl. Using a potato masher or the back of a fork, smash the chickpeas until you get a coarse mixture. You don’t want them all smashed completely, but we do want them smashed enough that they begin to stick together.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well until combined
- Serve in a sandwich, with crackers, in lettuce wraps, or whatever you desire!