This incredibly fluffy and protein-packed Vegan Chickpea Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce & Lemon Yogurt Cream are a breakfast dream! Gluten-free, grain-free and packed with protein, these pancakes are sure to keep you full for hours.
Chickpea Pancakes With Blackberry Sauce and Lemon Yogurt Cream [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a small sauce pan, add blackberries and cook over medium high heat until simmering. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until berries are broken down. Smash with the back of a spoon and stir in maple syrup to taste. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon yogurt ingredients. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together pancake ingredients. Batter should be thick. Using ¼ cup batter at a time, cook pancakes 2 minutes and flip, cooking another minute before removing from pan to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, layer pancakes, blackberry sauce and lemon yogurt.