Ok miss fancy Pants, who's making vegan quiche for breakfast? Two thumbs back at this girl, that's who! These little gems are like a chickpea flour omelet in a snackable and portable form. When I first took these chickpea flour quiches out of the oven I was thinking in my head, “hmmm, yeah I’ll be able to eat about five of these..” Man was I wrong. The chickpea flour quiche was ridiculously filling, yet surprisingly light. I was pretty content after just one. If you're looking for the perfect brunch food or just something easy to take on the go, a chickpea flour quiche is exactly what you're looking for!
Chickpea Flour Recipes – Quiche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Flour Recipes – Quiche [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 diced pepper
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Chickpea Flour Recipes – Quiche [Vegan]
- Get that oven cranking to 500°F.
- Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix the water, chickpea flour, spices, herbs, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and garlic. Add in diced vegetables and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to flour mixture and using a whisk combine all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and place in oven about 12 minutes.
- Then open the oven door (this is to allow steam to escape) and bake another 10 minutes with the door open.
The batter will look very thin. This is ok as it will thicken up as it bakes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 684 | Total Carbs: 78 g | Total Fat: 28 g | Total Protein: 31 g | Total Sodium: 78 g | Total Sugar: 17 g Per Serving: Calories: 86 | Carbs: 10 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 10 mg | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.