Omelets are a great go-to option for breakfast or even dinner because they're easy to make, they cook fast, and there are endless opportunities for toppings. Mixing chickpea flour together with flax, water, and a little bit of seasoning creates a batter you can use to make egg-free omelets. This recipe loads up on leafy greens, fresh tomatoes, and avocado, but try mixing up the filling with ingredients like mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and peppers.
Chickpea Flour Omelet With Spinach and Kale [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Flour Omelet With Spinach and Kale [Vegan]
For the Omelet Base:
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or water as needed
For the Toppings:
- A handful of chopped spinach leaves
- A handful of chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 an avocado
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Dried basil, oregano, and/or any other dried herbs/spices
How to Prepare Chickpea Flour Omelet With Spinach and Kale [Vegan]
- Start by mixing the chickpea flour, and ground flax seeds together. Add the water, lemon juice, and tahini, then whisk to combine. Season to taste and let sit for about 5-10 to thicken.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil and the omelet mixture. Add the chopped spinach and kale leaves, diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and spices you like. Let cook for 5-10 minutes. Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette and fold it over in half. The omelet is ready when it starts to turn golden brown underneath. Remove from the pan, serve with some fresh arugula, top with tahini drizzle, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 339 | Total Carbs: 29 g | Total Fat: 22 g | Total Protein: 14 g | Total Sodium: 65 g | Total Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.