This chickpea and quinoa curry is absolutely fantastic. The flavors are rich and complex, yet the recipe is so easy. Only one pot required! FODMAP fact: I love using canned tomatoes in cooking; you can enjoy 3/5 cup (about 4 ounces [115 g]) per serving.
Chickpea Curry [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) garlicinfused olive oil (page 25)
- 1 cup (120 g) peeled and chopped carrot (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups (720 ml) low-FODMAP vegan stock
- 1 cup (173 g) uncooked quinoa
- One 28-ounce (784 g) can diced tomatoes (no added spices)
- 12 ounces (250 g) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) canned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the carrot and ginger and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Stir in the curry powder and cumin and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, quinoa, and diced tomatoes and lightly simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in the chickpeas and coconut milk and warm for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile