Vegan two-bite brownies made with chocolate dessert hummus! These vegan chickpea brownies are decadent, chewy, rich, and best of all, kind of healthy!
Chickpea Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 tub dark chocolate hummus
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or sub more white sugar
- 1 vegan egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks for topping
- Preheat oven to 360°F, and grease a mini muffin tin. Empty pot of hummus into a large mixing bowl. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, prepare one vegan egg (or your fav egg sub) by combining 1 tablespoon of powdered mix, and 1 tablespoon water. Add vegan egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract to brownie batter. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks if desired. Pour about 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin. Top with more chocolate chunks. Bake for about 18 minutes at 360°F.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile