These bright veggie burgers are a delicious way to celebrate summer squash season. They are made from a hearty mix of chickpeas and zucchini and are seasoned with garlic, black pepper, and turmeric. Top these moist patties with a dollop of vegan mayonnaise or a drizzle of Sriracha for some added heat.
Chickpea and Zucchini Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea and Zucchini Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 thick leek slices
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A small handful of soaked walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 large zucchini, finely grated
- 1 heaped tablespoon rice flour
How to Prepare Chickpea and Zucchini Burgers [Vegan]
- Finely grate the zucchini and place in a big bowl.
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, leek, walnuts, flax seeds, and turmeric with sea salt and black pepper into a food processor. Process well. Scrape the sides with a spoon and process again.
- Pour this mixture in with the zucchini. Mix well with a spoon or your hands. Add rice flour and mix again. Now, depending on how much liquid you got from the summer squash, you might want to add a few tablespoons of water or plant-based milk.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper. One heaped tablespoon of batter at a time, form a nice patty and place it on the baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 375°F and bake for 25-30 minutes. They firm up as they cool down.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.