A cheap and easy curry made with ingredients most of us have in the cupboards.
Chickpea and Lentil Curry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea and Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mild curry powder use less for hotter powders
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup dairy free yoghurt
- 7/8 cups (200 ml) water
- 2 cups mixed veg (frozen works well)
- 2 cups cooked lentils
How to Prepare Chickpea and Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large pan and put on a low-medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the curry powder and ginger and stir in. Let the spices fry with the onion and garlic to bring out the flavours.
- Add the chickpeas, lentils and chopped tomatoes. Stir in so everything is covered in the curry sauce. Pour in the water and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the yoghurt and stir in, simmer for a few minutes and it's ready to serve.Serve with rice and a spoonful of yoghurt on top of the curry.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.