A style of cookie that somehow manages to satisfy everyones needs. A cookie that is chewy on the inside, yet crispy on the outside and light as a feather. Enjoy!
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan yogurt
- 7 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter (or almond, but will taste lightly nuttier)
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 chia eggs
- Dark chocolate bar, break into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk gluten-free flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside while you melt the butter.
- Add the butter, yogurt, cashew butter, coconut sugar into a bowl and using a mixing stand or hand mixer, whisk for a few minutes until combined.
- Add in the chia eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour to chia egg mixture and whisk on low until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Place the dough in the fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it come down to room temperature, about 10 minutes, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, scoop 1 & 1/2 tablespoon size of cookie dough onto the parchment paper. Leave a little room in-between each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Remove. They might seem undercooked but they will harden. Enjoy!