These easy chocolate cherry brownies are thick, decadent, rich, and also really healthy. They’re made with cherries (obviously), coconut, and lots of chocolate. The result: a mouth-wateringly good treat. The base is made from dates, which gives these for these easy chocolate cherry brownies a fudgy consistency that compliments the rich flavor of the cherries and tropical coconut hints. Finally, Add some extra coconut and freeze-dried cherries on top to give them an aesthetic finish and a bit of extra flavor! You have to try these easy chocolate cherry brownies––they’re the healthy treat you’ve been looking for!
Cherry Ripe Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brownie:
- 2 cups dates
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups freeze-dried cherries
- 1 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cacao butter (optional)
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cups freeze-dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Blend the macadamia nuts and dates in a food processor until you achieve a chunky texture.
- Add coconut, cacao powder, and salt and blend again until combined.
- Add avocado and vanilla, and blend on low until fully they're combined but still retaining some crunchy chunky texture from the nuts.
- Finally, add the freeze dried cherries and pulse them gently to mix through until they are slightly crushed but still visible.
- Press the mix into a lined tray, then sprinkle it with the additional cherries and desiccated coconut, pressing lightly so they set in.
- Place the brownies in the freezer for one hour to set, then slice and serve.