These easy chocolate cherry brownies are thick, decadent, rich, and also really healthy. They’re made with cherries (obviously), coconut, and lots of chocolate. The result: a mouth-wateringly good treat. The base is made from dates, which gives these for these easy chocolate cherry brownies a fudgy consistency that compliments the rich flavor of the cherries and tropical coconut hints. Finally, Add some extra coconut and freeze-dried cherries on top to give them an aesthetic finish and a bit of extra flavor! You have to try these easy chocolate cherry brownies––they’re the healthy treat you’ve been looking for!
Cherry Ripe Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cherry Ripe Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brownie:
- 2 cups dates
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups freeze-dried cherries
- 1 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cacao butter (optional)
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cups freeze-dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
How to Prepare Cherry Ripe Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend the macadamia nuts and dates in a food processor until you achieve a chunky texture.
- Add coconut, cacao powder, and salt and blend again until combined.
- Add avocado and vanilla, and blend on low until fully they're combined but still retaining some crunchy chunky texture from the nuts.
- Finally, add the freeze dried cherries and pulse them gently to mix through until they are slightly crushed but still visible.
- Press the mix into a lined tray, then sprinkle it with the additional cherries and desiccated coconut, pressing lightly so they set in.
- Place the brownies in the freezer for one hour to set, then slice and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 5685 | Total Carbs: 633 g | Total Fat: 268 g | Total Protein: 52 g | Total Sodium: 564 g | Total Sugar: 500 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.