Transform tofu into a deliciously, savory meal with this recipe! In it, tofu cubes are encrusted in nutritional yeast and other spices and then baked until crispy. Serve with a creamy vegan buttermilk ranch dip for a different, healthy, and tasty appetizer or serve them as part of a meal.
Cheesy Tofu Cubes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Tofu Cubes [Vegan]
For the Cubes:
- 1 14-ounce block super firm tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dried spices
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
For the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashew cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- A few twists of grated black pepper
How to Prepare Cheesy Tofu Cubes [Vegan]
To Make the Cubes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- Rinse the tofu and press it lightly in a towel or paper towel to remove excess water.
- Cut the block into cubes about 3/4-1 inch in size.
- Toss the cubes in a bowl with the nutritional yeast and the spices until well coated.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, gently flipping them at the 15-minute mark.
To Make the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- Place the cashews and water in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, soak the cashews for about 4 hours prior.
- Add the cream cheese and salt (if using) and blend on low to incorporate. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the black pepper and herbs. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow for the herbs to infuse their flavors into the dressing.
- If you don’t have any cashew cream cheese on hand, simply omit it and add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice after blending.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1343 | Total Carbs: 66 g | Total Fat: 92 g | Total Protein: 78 g | Total Sodium: 377 g | Total Sugar: 6 g Not including salt to taste.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.