This Turkish-inspired dish is composed of fresh figs stuffed with homemade cashew cream. The cashew cream is a great substitute for the sweet-ish Turkish cheese. It has a soft texture, almost like tofu but is more like a thick grainy cream cheese. The crispy green and fresh cucumber with a pleasant lemon dressing go perfectly with the sweet stuffed figs.
Cheesy Cashew Cream Stuffed Figs With a Salad [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Cashew Cream Stuffed Figs With a Salad [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Salad:
- 2-3 handfuls of green lettuce
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 big figs
- Cheesy cashew cream (recipe below)
- Dressing (recipe below)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the Cheesy Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard (Dijon mustard works best)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Cheesy Cashew Cream Stuffed Figs With a Salad [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Cheesy Cashew Cream:
- Add all ingredients to blender and mix until smooth. If you like a grainy texture, don't blend it for too long.
To Make the Dressing:
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil and set it aside.
To Make the Salad:
- Preheat oven to 390°F and set it to broil.
- Wash figs and place on baking sheet.
- Cut an "X" into the tops, a third of the way through.
- Spoon about 1-2 teaspoons of mixture into each fig.
- Broil the figs for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- In the meantime, shave the cucumber, using a vegetable peeler. You can also cut it lengthwise into very thin slices
- In a bowl mix green lettuce, cucumber, and dressing.
- Share the salad among two plates and serve the figs with it.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Calories: 398 | Carbs: 55g | Fat: 19g | Protein: 12g | Sugar: 33g | Sodium: 81mgNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.