While the ingredient list might be intimidating, this recipe simply requires a couple of rounds in the food processor. Process all base ingredients and press it into a pan. Process glaze ingredients and pour over the base. Finally, top the bars and there you have it!
Chai Bars With Pumpkin Spice Glaze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chai Bars With Pumpkin Spice Glaze [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 20 Deglet dates pitted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- 5 Deglet dates pitted
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unflavored or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon goji berries roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepitas roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut roughly chopped
How to Prepare Chai Bars With Pumpkin Spice Glaze [Vegan]
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews, dates, and raisins in a food processor and process until a crumbly dough forms. Add in all remaining chai bar ingredients and continue to process until all ingredients are combined and a sticky dough forms, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared 8x8-inch pan and press it firmly and evenly into the pan.
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
Combine all the pumpkin spice glaze ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth glaze forms, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour the glaze over the dough in the pan and smooth out evenly.
Sprinkle the topping ingredients over the glaze. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut into bars.
Store bars in an air-tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer. Best when served chilled.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.