Cowboy cookie bars: sweet, decadent, chewy, crumbly, and full of little morsels of chocolate, coconut, and pecans in each bite.
Celebration Cowboy Cookie Bars [Vegan]
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup vegan sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9x13–inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add the flax and water to a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flax mixture and vanilla to the bowl. Mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans. Mix until everything comes together to form a thick dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan and press it into the pan with fingertips or back of a spatula until evenly dispersed in the pan. Sprinkle the sprinkles across the top, and gently press them into the top of the dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the top looks dry.
- Let cool completely and cut into 12 bars.