These Cauliflower "Steaks" with a Chimichurri Sauce are such a great lunch or dinner option! They are so flavorful and delicious!
Cauliflower “Steaks” with a Chimichurri Sauce [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, sliced into 1 inch thick slices (leave the large stem at the bottom so it helps the “steaks” hold together).
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat the oven to 430°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rub the olive oil and lemon juice onto both sides of the slices.
- In a small bowl add the paprika, sage, garlic powder, thyme, salt, onion powder, black pepper, and breadcrumbs. Mix well then sprinkle over the top side of cauliflower slices.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Whilst the cauliflower is baking, make the chimichurri sauce by adding all the ingredients to a blender. Blend well until evenly combined.
- Serve the cauliflower ''steaks'' with the chimichurri sauce!