These cauliflower steaks will leave even the pickiest diner wanting more. Roasted until tender, but crispy on the edges, they're topped with herbed, crushed celeriac. When combined with roasted cauliflower steaks and a gorgeously tangy green dressing of capers, lemon, pickles, fresh herbs, and garlic, it’s just amazing.
Cauliflower Steak With Caper Dressing and Crushed Celeriac [Vegan]
For the Dressing:
- A handful of fresh mint and coriander, chopped
- Juice 1/2 a lemon
- 2 pickles, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 turn black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, sliced finely
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced into 4 chunky steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
For the Crushed Celeriac:
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- A bunch fresh thyme, woody bits removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Smoked sea salt or sea salt, to taste
- A turn of black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F then place the cauliflower steaks and garlic on a large baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with the oil then bake for approximately 40–50 minutes. Ovens vary, so keep an eye on the cauliflower — it should be crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
To Make the Crushed Celeriac:
- Add the oil to as large saucepan with the thyme, garlic, and celeriac. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the water and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes
- Turn off the heat and either crush the celeriac with a fork or pulse in a food processor a couple of times, if you would prefer a purée.
To Make the Dressing:
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, cover with the lid, and shake to combine.