Using cauliflower for more than side dishes is becoming more and more common in the food world and rightfully so. They're thick, juicy, and when flavored well absolutely delicious! This burger contains a cauliflower "steak," a generous portion of guacamole, lettuce, and tomato. Simple and nutritious.
Cauliflower Steak Burger [Vegan]
- 2 medium cauliflower heads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup guacamole, or mashed avocado
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 430°F. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower heads and trim the stem while keeping the length.
- Cut the cauliflower heads into 1/2-inch thick slices, usually, you get two good steaks from each cauliflower. Place the cauliflower slices on a baking sheet, brush with oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until they're soft and golden. Turn them half way through.
- Spread guacamole over half the bread buns, place the cauliflower steaks on top and top with sliced red onion, tomatoes, and lettuce.